Sunday, July 26, 2009

HOW COULD I HAVE KNOWN WHAT WAS GOING ON?

A lot of people question the fact that I was working there for seven years, and had no idea what was going on. I wasn't in the physicians office when bogus life expectancies were being given out. I wasn't on the phone with the agents or the salesmen. Can you imagine how long they would have stayed in business if everyone in the office knew what was going on? Do you really think the Steingers are going to run a fraudulent operation that's so fraudulent even the employees know about it. Are the employees just going to keep their mouths shut? From what I read in the papers, Melanie Goldberg was one of the only employees that didn't stay anonymous. She knew what was going on because she was in one of those departments that was involved, or shall I say "in tune" with the scandal. In my eyes there were many other departments that were innocent, and in no way were "in tune" with the scheme. Unless you were "in tune" with the whole operation, you really didn't know what was going on. If you did know, then your just as guilty as the individuals who are responsible. If I knew I would have found another job. I seen Bari Wiggins on rampages, denying policy entries left and right. She had an iron fist. What she portrayed made it seam like it was a legitimate business. So, forgive me for being naive, but there is no way I would've known the new investors money was being used to pay old premiums. I guess i never got the memo.

No comments:

Post a Comment