Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HOW DID MUTUAL BENEFITS GAIN SO MANY INVESTORS?

Should I feel guilty for all the money the investors lost? No, I don’t think I should. I do feel bad for them; and I do feel sympathy. I didn’t have anything to do with the scandal. I’m not one of the salesmen that lured them into making the investment. I myself am a victim of being misled into thinking I was working for an honest company. I had plans to go to school and learn a trade, but after working a year at Mutual it seamed like a great career opportunity. I watched this company grow from having just a few insurance policies, and just a few investors, to having tens of thousands of policies and investors. Everyday there were new investors. Anywhere from five to ten. Multiply that everyday for ten years and you can imagine the outcome. When they first opened in 1994 they had only one floor of an office building rented out. By the year 2000 they had to rent another floor of the same building just for placement of their investor files. Around 2001 the company had to move into a bigger office building because there wasn’t enough space to keep all the investor files. That’s when they moved to Broward Blvd in downtown Ft. Lauderdale. They rented out the 10th floor of the building. The office was huge! But the investor files continued to pour in. And eventually, by the end of 2003, Mutual Benefits had to rent a separate office on the 11th floor solely for the investor files.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Many times companies go under and the focus is on the upper man, but what happens to all those innocent employees that now have to go out and get another job because the company they were working for were actual crooks? It's the Corporate way they say!!! Yet it's the employee that suffer the most when something like this happens. I know that in the long run everyone that was innocent will make good out of the bad situation they had to endure....

    ReplyDelete